The Kursumli An is one of the three old trading inns of Skopje. The Kursumli An dates back to the 15th or 16th century, when it was a trading inn that had stables for up to 100 horses and 60 rooms. The name Kursumli An (meaning Lead Inn in Turkish) comes from the lead that used to be on the roof of the inn. In 1878 the building became the prison of Skopje under Ottoman regime. The Kursumli An now houses archeological expositions of the Museum of Macedonia. Because of its excellent acoustics, today the inn stages concerts and drama plays during the summer months.