The Old railway station
Old railway station Skopje was built in 1938 by Velimir Gavrilovik in a modern style with Byzantine decoration. At a time it was the most beautiful train station on the Balkans, until it was demolished by the earthquake in 1963. The clock on this old train station stopped at 5:17 am since the morning of 26 July 1963, when this piece of the grand modernist station of Skopje was one of the few parts of the city that remained standing after a massive earthquake crushed the city. Today is a museum of the city of Skopje.